Gilded Gold/Bronze 8" Earth Touching Nepalese Buddha Statue #st243
Dimensions: 5" wide x 3" deep x 8" high
Weight: 1360 grams; 3 lbs
Earth Touching Buddha
- The Earth Touching Buddha forms the Bhumisparsha mudra, known as “Calling the Earth to Witness.” This is the said to be the pose of the very first enlightenment of Buddha.
- His left hand lies open palm in his lap, suggesting a meditative pose, while his right arm lies on his knee, reaching for the ground, gesturing a call to Earth.
- The Earth Touching Buddha overcame temptation against the ways of Buddha by calling the Earth to witness his achievements of enlightenment.
- The Earth Touching Buddha bears a symbol on his forehead known as the “Ushnisha topknot,” representing profound connection with the spirit.
- The body of this statue is made of Bronze.
- The face of this statue is made of Gilded 24-Karat Gold